Thursday, March 23, 2006

Today is the day I was dreading

Well, Today is the day I was dreading.

I took the day off of work to help load Mom's moving truck.

One of my brothers drove all the way from Utah with my two nephews to help my sister and Mom load the moving trucks today.
They will be able to go to A 's baseball game tonight and then first thing in the morning they are all on their way to Nevada.
Mom will come back on Saturday after emptying the truck to clean the house here...she can't get into the new house until the 1st.

Strangly enough, there is a wierd calm about me.

After a quick look at the calendar last night, I realized that today is the anniversary of my Dad's death. He died 7 years ago today. It was one of the worst days of my life. It wasn't an easy death like in the movies, he wasn't ready to go and fought it until the end. Just put it this way, I now know where they got the term "death grip". I had a bruise on my hand for days. A terrible reminder of those last moments. I would not wish that experience on anyone.

O.K. enough of that...the reason I mentioned it..is because I think that is why I am so calm...maybe Dad is helping us get through this.

Now I have to get the boys up to go over to my Mom's house. They are on spring break so it will be nice to spend time with them.
I am rambling now, am I stalling????

I will report back later.

~K~

No comments: