Saturday, March 25, 2006

Trucks, Coffee and Baseball




Thursday was a crazy day.
I took the day off to help my Mom load her moving truck.
I started the morning off by going to the store to buy flowers for my Dad's grave site as it was the 7th anniversary of his death. (I am a good daughter like that) I chose bright yellow flowers, when I drove away I looked back and it seemed as though the flowers were glowing.
Pretty cool.

I then went to my favorite coffee store, you know which one. (It is getting really ridiculous going there, as soon as I get in line, they start my coffee, I go there so often, they know my order.) Everyone was excited to get some caffeine in their system (except for mom, she had hot chocolate)

So we started to load the truck. Mom has lots of stuff. (I was going to say crap but that wouldn't be nice) After a few hours, I ran home to change clothes, It was the hottest day we've had in weeks. ON my way back to Mom's I decided to run by my sister's house to check on her truck. When I pulled up, I was shocked, her truck was empty! It seems as though my brother from Utah was not here yet and it was noon already. I called my other brother to have him bring one of the boys there to help. It was crazy, I went into robot-mode. I am not a strong person, but I was carrying VERY heavy furniture and boxes into the front yard. (talk about crap, my sister has tons of it)
Anyway, my brother and my nephews finally showed up about 1:30 and we got busy getting stuff into the truck. (I won't even get into how I went into my sister's kitchen and NOTHING was packed in there, I packed about 10 boxes and stopped. By then we all realized that not everything (from both Mom's and my sister's houses) was going to fit inside these two 24 ft trucks, they will have to rent another one for their last trip next Friday. I had to leave about 3 to take Nick to practice. I came back and they were all "resting". I put a stop to that and got everyone back to work. I had to leave again at 5 or so to take J to practice...A had a game at 6 so I was done for the day.

They packed as much as they could after I left and went to the game. A was so excited to have so many spectators to watch his game. Too bad his team lost...

When I woke up the next day, I was so SORE! I am so out of shape.

The trucks left about 9am and they made it to NV before the storm. (It was snowing on the way but they didn't need chains thankfully.)

They will all come back Sat night and stay until Friday and then they will be gone....the jury is still out on how I will react then. For now, I am still too sore and tired to thank about it.

No comments: