Thursday, February 22, 2007

We ARE IN!

OK, it's been a while since I have been able to post...
we just got the internet hooked up yesterday so I don't have to be "stealing" service from one of my new neighbors "Actiontec" who ever that is!

So, the escrow FINALLY closed in California on 2/8 (I have PLENTY to say about that closing, I will wait for that as it is pretty ugly and I want to get some things resolved before I talk about it) so we were able to close escrow here in Colorado on Monday 2/12 (N's 19th birthday)

We slept in the house on the 13th, right after our new mattresses were delivered! The boys got their new beds that afternoon (Mom and Dad had to wait until last Sunday to get theirs delivered)

The moving company delivered our "stuff" I mean precious things on Wednesday the 14th. That went fairly smoothly, if you don't count the dent in the brand new fridge, the broken water thingie on the brand new fridge and the missing 5 0r 6 boxes they (or we) can't account for. THANK goodness I bought the extra insurance.

Anyway, the boys are adjusting quite nicely. They all have made some friends (you know, that myspace isn't so bad when you are trying to make a new connection with new people in a new place) J started the official baseball tryouts on Tuesday and feels really confident about them. He is hanging out with some really good kids and I am happy about that!

A is still talking to all of the girls in the 8th grade, he has one good friend named Vince and he seems pretty happy. He tried out and made a travel tournament baseball team this week (the outlaws) he is very excited about that. We went for the uniform fitting last night and his first official practice is tonight. They practice in an indoor facility, it should be interesting. I am also glad to be meeting some new people.

N talks to a few people on the myspace. He hasn't really met anyone at the college yet. He has already made a quick trip to Monterey last week because his best friends Dad died unexpectantly and he wanted to be there for him. His trip was sopose to be from Thu through Sunday but had to be cut short because of a drama I will tell you about later. (Again, once it is resolved) Just put it this way, his safety was in question and I couldn't get him home to Colorado fast enough. I was so glad to see him get off of that plane, and he took it very maturely - maybe he is growing up.

All in all, things are going OK (this week) we still have A TON of things to do in the house...it is taking all of our waking hours!

Posts to come: N 's 19th birthday at HOOTERS, etc etc

No comments: