Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Still Waiting....

Things are warming up here in Colorado Springs, it is a whopping 40 degrees today, a darn heat wave! Woo Hoo...

Nothing more in the escrow front, still waiting for the escrow to fund for our Old house to be able to buy the New house...very frustrating and stressfull for all of us. But..what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger right?

The boys seem to be adjusting quite well (actually much better than I imagined) They all have been just as frustrated as me and Ralph have and haven't had a problem letting us know!

N is taking three classes at Pike's Peak JC, Statistics, Calculas and Accounting. We had to pay out of state fees because you have to live in the state for one year. ($4000 for one semester, 3 classes!PLUS almost $400 for books) He is filling out the paperwork for financial aid...we are homeless right now, AND his parents don't have any jobs...who knows? maybe we will qualify?!?

J (surprisingly enough) had a smile on his face yesterday after school. Baseball started yesterday, this crazy school practices at 6AM!!! (before school). It is God Awful cold at that time in the morning, thank goodness R doesn't mind driving him! J also is taking a class called Business Management, the class ordered some school spirit items and the kids are required to spend like 6 hours a month selling the items, he has met some nice kids while volunteering his time. He still misses his friends in Monterey terribly, thank goodness for myspace and text messaging...he still can keep in touch with all of them. He is bummed that he is not playing on the Varsity baseball team in Monterey with all of his buddies...I am hoping that he has a successfull year here in Co Springs and wins a championship here...time will tell!

A , my little boy...has made tons of friends at the middle school ... the GIRLS!!!!
His favorite pastime is watching the 8th grade girls basketball team play their games after school. He told me that yesterday, a girl walked past him and told him, "Oh, you smell so good!", he just said "Well, thanks!" and next thing you know, he had tons of tables at lunch asking him to sit by them! (Beats eating by himself...like he did the first couple of days)

R and I are spending our time...shopping! (R is thrilled, as you can imagine)
Hey, I have to get something out of this STRESS...and you know, shopping makes me feel "HAPPY"...oh, and so does FOOD...we have been EATING like crazy!!
We drive by our New House everyday...trying to check out the neighborhood. The neighbors, etc. I have already decided that I want to paint the trim another color (dark brown)...I can't wait to get INTO THE HOUSE! AAAAhhhhh!!!!

More later.....
~K ~

1 comment:

t~ said...

I love your sense of humor about being locked out of your home! We had a similiar episode when we moved into this house, I was 8 months pregnant with very litte humor in me.

I can not believe any team anywhere in the USA practices at 6 AM. My DH would have to deal with that issue as well....you wouldn't see my butt at the ball field at 6 in the freaking morning....wowwee!