Sunday, June 11, 2006

Teeth, Bruce and Hawaii

I know, strange title...but that is how my life is lately, strange.

I had a busy week this week,

Monday:
Had that pesky tooth pulled, you know the one with the root canal that wouldn't stop hurting? Well, the dentist said that it shouldn't be hurting anymore, and that if it did, we should pull it because everything else had been done. Big mistake.
Have you ever heard of a "dry socket"?. Long story short, the blood clot didn't form and the air etc was getting to the bone. Heard of PAIN?????? I am still on the pain meds, they don't take the pain away but to be honest, I don't give a crap!

Tuesday:
R and I are so happening.
We went to go see one of our favorite performers:
Bruce Springsteen!!!! Yea! BBBBRRRRUUUUCCCEEEEEE!
(you have to say that in your deepest voice, so it sounds like you are booing him)
This time he was playing with a new band the Seeger Sessions Band. Very different music, I thought of Mary Mia's husband because there were awesome tuba-players!
Here is a link: Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band check it out!
The concert was at the Concord "Sleep Train" Pavilion. Nice place, took forever to get there but was great, if you are going to a concert there, let me know, I will give you some great tips!

Wednesday:
Did I mention the words: Dry Socket? After getting home at 2:30am, getting 5 hours sleep and then going to work, (because I am a good employee like that) I was in bed at 6pm!

Thursday and Friday:
J had baseball games both nights, why do I insist on going to these games when I am in pain and can't "deal" with all of "those" parents? I just left irritated and disgusted, I know it is because of the constant pain, but really, some of thos parents....Don't get me started!

Saturday:
I suddenly realized that N goes to Hawaii on Monday, is he packed? no. Do I have all of the details? no. He is going with 200 or so of his closest friends (graduating seniors of Monterey High) please keep him in your thoughts, let's hope he continues to make good choices.....God help me.

Sunday:
Woke up to vibrating....what?!?
N and R went to The Home Depot and rented a sander...they are sanding the new deck that R finished yesterday....We are totally making the neighbors mad. Oh well. Looks good, I will post pictures soon!(Blogger isn't letting me this morning)
Oh and I won tickets to a prty today on Cannery Row, I guess Bubba Gump's restuarant is celebrating their 10th anniversary and a local radio station is putting on a beach party...free food, drinks and prizes! I will report back later!

That's my week, How was yours?????

1 comment:

M3 said...

Dang, when I read that title I though YOU were going to Hawaii. Get on the net and find one of those jaw-droppingly good last-minute deals and go!!! That'll make you forget about that horrible-sounding dry socket thing.