Sunday, June 04, 2006

Graduation

There are lots of drama stories I could tell about the day my son graduated High School, but all of that really didn't matter the moment I saw him walk onto the football field at Monterey High on June 2, 2006.
I cannot explain the proud feeling that came over me as I watched him march to the famous song.

I had to remind myself to breathe.

He looked so old, like an adult. When did that happen?

As the speaches rolled on, I remembered in my mind the day he started Kindergarten (along with many others that graduated that day) He was so scared. He had a brave look on his face that broke my heart. I wondered to myself, was he showing that brave face now?

It was then I realized, this is it.

He is starting his life, right at this moment. Is he ready?

We can only hope and pray that in the last 18 years, we have done all that we can to teach the morals we wanted to teach, to show him the way of life, to show him everything we wanted to, before he was thrusted into this scary world. I pray that we have.

They announced his name, we all cheered, he did it!

We had a little get together after the graduation, then he went to Sober Grad nite. He had a blast.

Parties all weekend, then Hawaii on June 12th.

Then the real life part comes into play.

Congratulations Nick, we are very proud of you!


3 comments:

Stacey T. said...

Excellent!!! What is that white sash under his lei's?????

Everyone Has a Story... said...

The white sash was for the SPARC academy. (Sports Professions and Recreational Career)He also got a special diploma graduating from the academy. (MHS has 3 acadamies within the high school)
Cool huh?

Donna said...

Oh my gosh! It looks like our boys are the same age! You have my sympathy! Hee hee... but they have their really amazing moments too, huh! It's all part of the deal when we're parents!

:)

Donna