Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mom(Grandma) is moving


My mom is moving at the end of the month.


She has lived here for 72 years. She married my dad when she was only 15. They raised their family of five children here. She buried my dad here. Her heart is here.

It's a long story but the bottom line is that she does not own a home. She is a renter and has been for the last 40 years or so. Her landlord (who, by the way has been my cross-the-street neighbor for over 17 years and I thought was my friend) has kicked her out of her house. She wants to fix up the house she says, I think she will give the house to her daughter to live in, no one has the whole story. Bottom line is, she has to be out of the house by April 1st. She cannot afford to live here anymore on what's left of my dads retirement she receives. Housing is out of control here. (Houses rent for $1,200 to $3,000 a month-or more.)

She is moving to Carson City, Nevada of all places. Why there?
I have no idea.

Along with her, my older sister and brother are also moving with her. (My sister will live in a different house)

I just don't know what to think about all of this.

I will miss her terribly, the boys will miss her chocolate chip cookies. She will be missed at all of the baseball games, as she attends as many as she can.

I am still trying to sort out all of my feelings. Bear with me.

~K ~

2 comments:

M3 said...

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that! It must feel like someone just pulled the rug out from under you. Take care, and I hope things get sorted out for the best in the end.

Stacey T. said...

Kim, I know how much you are hurting right now because of them moving away, but you can have my mom when you need her close by!!!!!