Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Happy 20th Anniversary to us!



20 years ago today, R and I said "I Do!"

We got married in 1986 at Cypress Community Church on Hwy 68 in Salinas at 11am. Our reception was at the Carmel Mission Inn in Carmel. It was a small wedding, only about 125 people (at the most). But it was just perfect for us! I love looking at the pictures of us and our loved ones...thinking about how much we have changed, yet how a lot of things have stayed the same.

Later, I will post some pics of the day. Until then, enjoy a picture of the church where we got married!

I am missing my Dad today. He passed away 7 years ago in March. (My parents were married 49 years!) I remember walking down the isle...he was sobbing but had a smile on his face. I dug my fingers into his arm..he thought I was nervous, but I was trying to let him know that everything would be OK! This tough guy never cried, a Fire Chief in Carmel for over 30 years, he would never let any of the firefighters see a weakness like crying! I wasn't sure if he was nervous about wearing the tux? Nervous about me getting married? I will never know, I never asked! I choose to believe that he was sad about letting his daughter go. I have a great picture of me and him dancing...we were both smiling and looking so happy!I will be sure to post it later.

Tonight, R and I will go on a "date". Those are rare lately. I told R that I do not want to know the plans... for once I want to be surprised! I love telling people that we have been married so long! You should see their expressions! 20 years of wedded bliss is quite a feat these days! Especially for young couples.

I better get back to work! (I have bills to pay!)

Thanks for listening! K

No comments: