Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rawlins, Wyoming


We traveled to Rawlins, Wyoming last night, not much to say about that place. NO offense if any one who reads this lives there but...
the place we stayed at was rated 3 diamonds in the AAA tourbook but needless to say that it didn't even deserve 1 diamond!
Let's just say that I am not sure that they cleaned the bathroom since like last summer. IT WAS DISGUSTING. R complained and we got the room for 1/2 off but we still feel like we got ripped off. We couldn't get out of there fast enough!
One good thing about Wyoming (in the boys' opinion) is that Fireworks are legal there. You only have to be 16 to buy them, you have never seen such excited kids!
We got up early and made our way to Colorado, our new home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Rawlins. Need I say more. We live in a town about 1 1/2 hours from Rawlins and I cringe everytime I have to go through that place. We usually stop at the McDonalds and go on through. I refuse to let my children use any bathroom here! One January a long time ago we were going to a Michael Jordan basketball game and they had closed I-80 and we were stuck in Rawlins! AGHH! We stayed at a dump and paid a ton of money. We couldn't leave the town as the roads were closed in all directions. It was horrible and I never wish to experience that ever again. I was so afraid we would come home with bugs, if you catch my drift. The roads opened early in the morning and we were out of there fast. We did get to see 3 minutes of Michael play. If he only knew what we had to go through to see him. Annoying! :)