Saturday, April 01, 2006

Life Goes On

The depressing rain has stopped for today.
(Take whatever meaning comes to you)

Life goes on.

I sat in the pouring rain yesterday afternoon and watched N 's team play a muddy baseball game at North Monterey County (Castroville area). As it was miserable sitting there with a leaking umbrella (I just bought it, I am taking that sucker back!) but it fit with what I was feeling so I didn't really mind. The umpire finally called the game in the 4th inning. It was starting to get really dangerous for the kids, but the other coach wanted to keep going, he was a real jerk about it. Whatever. The umpire stuck to his guns and called the game. I guess the big deal was that the game had to be finished in Monterey on their home field. Varsity sports get really ugly. People take it so seriously. Unbelievable.

In a couple of weeks, there is a fundraiser game in Monterey against Carmel. It is also called the Senior Appreciation game. I guess they call the parents onto the field with their son, its a big deal.
I won't have my mom in the stands to cheer for me so I am hoping that maybe Stacey will come *hint hint* and I am going to force my little sister to come so I can have someone to clap for us!! J 's team will play that day too...It will be something to look forward to.

A has a game today in Seaside (my least favorite place) I hope I get through it OK. The field is across the street of where my grandfather was murdered in 1989. (A really long story, which I will post about later, but the long story short is that a 14-year old boy took my grandfathers life without any guilt. He did go to the California Youth Authority until he turned 24 years old but then when he got out he proceeded to kill a innocent guy who worked at a Taco shop in Seaside and then his girlfriend who was found buried in a shallow grave on the former Fort Ord, she was about 6 months pregnant...like I said, it is a really long story and the details are awful, someday I will get it all down)
So anyway, it is really hard to go to the baseball games at that field, when I am constantly looking across the street at my grandparents old house.

Like I said before, Life goes on.

Then J has a double header in Monterey starting at 3:30. Another long day of baseball, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love watching them play!

Let's hope that the weather holds up!

Next Post: Kitchen remodel in progress...Life as we know it is gone..Living off of cereal and microwave meals...What an adventure.

1 comment:

Stacey T. said...

Tell me when the game is, I'll be there!!!!